Wednesday, 12 March 2014

After that it was time for some exploring. Armed with a camera and rather nerdy tourist attire we roamed the streets, often hearing boisterous laughter. I cannot blame the locals as I did look a bit of a tit in my gear. I have come a long way since then and no longer resemble the ignorant tourist that I was in the beginning. We were exhausted from all the walking around and retreated home. It was far more comforting in Tay Ho to find many westerners as it was after all an “expat” area. We took a walk down to the local lake (West Lake) for a few beers and fresh coconut milk. Beer in hand I looked out over the lake. What a picturesque setting - lake side with a view of fishermen and the city in the distance, embraced in a layer of mist (smog). All illuminated by the setting sun. What more could we ask for.