Sunday, 16 March 2014

It has been a good few weeks since my last journal entry. Let me briefly bring you up to speed. I have now started teaching private lessons, at the moment I have 5 students. I am enjoying the private teaching as I am my own boss. It also allows me to pretend that I have a degree (the private students just take my word for it) which gives me a bit more credibility. I plan to grow my student base to the level that Ilrok’s is at so that we can make some good money. At $25 an hour I couldn’t complain. In other news we were pleasantly surprised to have a South African neighbour move into the apartment next to ours. We have been spending a lot of time with him and his Japanese girlfriend. Our time spent together revolves around South African pastimes such as attempting to braai (which was a huge failure) and streaming live rugby. We also made another friend, Yvette, who is also a South African. She shares many ideas and values with Ilrok and I. The last big event that happened was a spontaneous trip to Sa Pa, a small town high above the clouds, near Vietnam’s highest mountain and the Chinese border. Sa Pa was so memorable that it would be a shame not to divulge.