Wednesday, 12 March 2014


All this time, I had been sending out job applications and I finally had a call back. I set a time and date for my interview and prepared accordingly. That night we were invited to go and drink with another South African. We set out to the local watering hole and found him. It felt very good to speak to another South African from the same area, it turned out that he used to manage a club that I had spent a few rowdy nights at back in SA. He opened up to us rather excessively and we soon found out his entire life story. He is a very interesting character but telling his story would stray too far from the aim of this journal. Many beers later, we decided to buy a bottle of whiskey from the bar. It was expensive but we were drunk and thought it a good idea at the time. We finished half of the bottle and left it at the bar with our names on it. Our new friend would later return to the bar and finish the bottle, blaming it on “lady problems”. It was a fun night, I felt closer to home.